Thursday, March 3, 2011

Neighbors silkscreen (Feb 2011)

Okay my lovelies! Yet again, there is no comic... but there is news and a new silkscreen to oggle! So rejoice... for there is an update this week!

Here is my newly finished silkscreen, titled: Neighbors



I completed this silkscreen at my lovely local print shop, BYO Print. If you're a Philly local and need a cheap place to get your print on, I highly reccomend this place. Its overtop of an antique motorcycle shop... how cool is that?!

This silkscreen will soon be available for sale on my Etsy.

This silkscreen, along with my previous Welcome to: FISHTOWN print are hanging in a real estate office on Frankford Ave, along with a bunch of great art by all my Philly Comics Jam buddies. The opening is this Friday. Come by, see the art and start your spring time first fridays off right!

Details:
The Philly Comix Jam Presents a Fine Arts Show
Time
Friday, March 4 · 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Location
Mendez Homes & Investments
2480 Frankford Avenue
Philadelphia, PA

clairefolkman: a webcomic went of a date with Cheap Date Philadelphia. I took her out to Philly Comics Jam and some tasty noodles in Chinatown. Check out her blog post and all the nice things she had to say about me and our date!

And my final piece of news... I have offically finished the Young Love series! I know you all are DYING to see the finished piece, but you can't. Not yet atleast... The finished video is going to be shown at the Delaware Center for Contemporary Art in May, so you just have to hold out till then kiddies! Here is all the info on the exhibition and the opening... mark your calendars, get pumped and I will see you there!

4 comments:

Katie VanVliet said...

Oh, Claire! The finished print looks great! I'm so glad you were able to print it here at BYO. Thanks for the shoutout!

BradyDale said...

I love silk screens! This is great! Way to go!

Be sure to post a link when it really is up on Etsy. How many did you do?

Anonymous said...

Love the new silkscreen, loved hanging out with you on our date, and can't wait for your show!

marcm said...

Nice stuff! I enjoy your Fishtown poster hanging on my wall everyday. Adds a bit of class to my otherwise tawdry office.