Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Some posts to bring things up to date part 3

And finally, i recently handed in my thesis proposal and thought I would post that here as well:

For my thesis work I am going to continue to explore the phenomenon of video. I will make a series of performance-based videos that will use the body as a tool for critical discovery. These videos will be both sensory and conceptual exercises that will help to lead both the viewer and myself to a new critical understanding.
My desire to work in video comes from videos ability to preserve the fleeting. With video I can create works and situations of an ephemeral nature that can continue to be experienced long after they are gone. Yet these videos will not serve merely as documentation of the performances but will themselves be the finished works. Since video gives me the capability to edit and enhance, my works will be both visually and conceptually stimulating.

No comments: